Saturday, January 24, 2009

Belated Christmas post

OK.  I have been rebuked by many for not having posted anything since before Christmas, but it's not my fault.  Stacy insisted she wanted to do the Christmas/post-Christmas blogging, and, well, here we are.

So let me begin with that.  Christmas morning, Stacy woke up sick.  She ran a fever for nearly a week after that.  Seems like someone is always going to get sick, and this year I guess it was her turn.

Christmas, to me, was somewhat of a disappointment.  It was almost like we just never had to time to fully get into the spirit.  The tree went up when it was supposed to, the decorations were all out, the music was on at our house, etc., but all of the sudden, there it was, and there it went.

We loaded up on a bitterly cold day and went to Missouri.  Had a wonderful time while we were there.  Got to go to Aunt Barb's on Christmas Eve--I think the whole family was there except for Uncle Paul (who was sick) and Renee and Steve (who were on their way).  Shelby and McKenzie were hilarious.  McKenzie kept hiding from her, as in, hide and go seek, and McKenzie is a very good hider.  The only problem was, Shelby didn't know that McKenzie was hiding from her.  I asked McKenzie what she was doing and she told me she was hiding from "that girl."  Well, that was easily fixed.  A small word in the ear of Shelby, and it was "Game on!"

And I will admit that I was jealous of Jared and Nicole and Josh and Gayla.  After the party was over, they got to sit around and talk for hours while we had to rush kids off to bed.  The sad thing is, by the time our kids get grown enough to put themselves to bed and let us talk, they will probably be having to deal with kids of their own.  Get with the program, guys!

We had opened gifts with the kids before we went up, but Santa knows the way to Grandma's house, so that all worked out OK.  (Some other time I'll have to tell you about Grandma Lolo hogging the Nintendo DS for herself.)  Then we had to do the annual lunch shuffle, which everyone despises.

All in all, not a bad Christmas, just not really sure where it went.

No comments: